ISSN 2454 - 1737
Welcome to the International Journal Of Progressive Pharmacy
International Journal of Progressive Pharmacy is a quarterly peer-reviewed international journal with an aim of faster and better exploration of knowledge. The journal considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that they have not been published already, nor are they under consideration for publication or in press elsewhere.
- Dr. Satya Prakash Singh, Integral University, Lucknow, India
- Mr. Vaseem Ahmad Ansari, Integral University, Lucknow, India
- Mr. Ranjan Kumar, Integral University, Lucknow, India
- Dr. Shailendra Sharaf, BBDNITM, Lucknow, India
- Dr. Vijay Joyal, Uttaharakhand Technical University, Dehradun, India
- Dr. Satyavan Singh, SITM, Lucknow, India
- Dr. Ch. Niranjan Patra, Roland Institute of Pharmaceutical sciences, Berhampur, Orissa, India
- Dr. Jagganath Sahu, SRMS College of Engineering and Technology, Barielly, India
- Dr. Sushil Kumar, IFTM University, Moradabad, India
- Dr. Talib Hussain, Hail University, KSA
- Dr. Shenbaga Murthy Balakrishnan, Purdue University, USA
- Mr. Abdul Samad, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University, Al-kharj, Saudi Arabia
Aim and Scope
The journal will cover topics related to the specific branches of pharmaceutical sciences like Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Drug Design, Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Novel Drug Delivery Systems, Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology, Alternative Medicines, Industrial Pharmacy, Cosmetic Product Development. Int.JPP takes responsibility of in time publication of the Manuscript abide by the journal policy. It hopes that Researchers, Research scholars, Academician, Industrialists, Consultancy etc. would make use of this journal publication for the development of science and technology. All components of the manuscript must appear within a single electronic file: references, figure legends and tables must appear in the body of the manuscript.
The Editorial Process
Types of Manuscripts
International Journal of Progressive Pharmacy publishes following type of articles-
Original Research articles: Full length research manuscripts are considered for their publication provided it contains innovative, hypothesis-driven research that is supported by sound experimental design, methodology, and data interpretation and are not previously published elsewhere either in part or full or in any other form except in the form of an abstract in scientific conferences.
Short Communications: As a part of a major scientific investigation that is novel/original, are published in the form of short communications having précised scientific data and are likely to have a high impact of immediate scientific interest. Short Communications should also be documented with all the relevant information that is applicable to a research paper such as the format, tables, figures and references.
Review Articles: Major review articles are published on the subjects falling within the scope of the journal which are of active current interest. Each review article should not exceed 4000 words.
Peer review process: All the submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by the editor initially. After that articles will be sent to at least two reviewers for their comments. On receipt of their comments the same will be communicated to the authors for their corrections before publication. All the authors are requested to submit a list of two reviewers in their respective field of specializations along with their full communication address.
Consent to publish: Consent to publish in this journal entails the author's irrevocable and exclusive authorization for publication inclusive of copy right.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Submission of Manuscripts
The journal publishes all accepted manuscripts using electronic production methods, and therefore needs to receive all the submissions in MS Word electronic format. All the electronic files can be submitted as either individual files or in ZIP format. Manuscript should be separated into text, tables and figures in to different files and can be sent as separate attached files. Larger files can be splitted in to smaller files before their submission. Submit manuscript to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparation of Manuscript
The manuscripts should be typed in 1.5 spacing with wide margins using "Times New Roman" font having 12 point font size. Authors whose native language is not English are strongly advised to have their manuscripts checked by a specialized person prior to submission. Manuscripts that do not conform to Standard English style, usage and grammer, will be returned to authors for modification prior to scientific review. Editor reserves the privilege of returning such manuscripts to the authors for revision before acceptance. Manuscripts should be organized in the following sequence: Title page, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions and Acknowledgements (if any), References. Figures and tables should be on separate pages from the main manuscript along with figure and table legends and should be clearly indicated in the text.
- Type of manuscript
- The title of the article,
- A suggested running title (not more than 50 characters)
- The name of each authors (Last name, First name and initials of middle name), and institutional affiliation;
- The name, address, phone numbers and e-mail address of the contributor responsible for correspondence about the manuscript;
The next page should carry the full title of the manuscript and an abstract of not more than 250 words. Structured abstracts are required for all papers and should include objectives, methods, key findings and conclusions. Below the abstract should provide keywords.
Maximum 4 to 5 keywords should be provided(alphabetical order)
An introduction should provide a background to the study and should clearly state the specific aims of the study. Please ensure that any abbreviations and all symbols used in equations are fully defined.
Materials and Methods:
This section should describe the materials and methods used in sufficient detail to allow the study to be replicated. Please include details of ethical approval in this section (if any)
You should report what you found. Supplement the text with tables and figures.
Explain what your findings mean, using the literature in great detail to compare and contrast your data with literature; use the literature as evidence to support your argument. Explain the significance of your results and their practical implications.
A brief conclusions should summarise the salient findings of the study. Authors are strongly advised to emphasise the contribution made to the field by their study in this section.
Funding acknowledgements should be written in the following form: “This work was supported by the Name of funding agency along with grant number”
If the research has not been funded by any specific project grant, please include the statement: “This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors”.
References in the text are cited sequentially by authors surname followed by year. All citations in the text must appear in the reference list and vice versa. At the end of the manuscript, references should be listed in alphabetical order in the text. State the references according to the format of the following examples:
Mukesh PR, Mohanta GP, Upadhyay L. Fast dissolving tablet. Journal of pharmacy research, 2013;2(1): 5-12.
Sathoskar RS, Bhandarkar NR. Pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics. Popular prakashan, Mumbai, 2005; pp 620-651.
Chapters in book reference:
Kallioniemi JM. Chromosome alterations in human solid tumors. In: Vogelstein L, and Kinzler KS, (Eds.), The Genetic Basis of Human Cancer, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2002; 93-113.
Blogpost/article on website reference:
http://www.apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dcpcglobalatlas/HistoryCancer.aspx, The Global Cancer Atlas Online, (12 March 2006).
- Please keep the number of tables to a minimum (not more than 3 tables).
- Tables should be numbered consecutively (Table 1, Table 2 etc. above the tables) and each table must start on a separate page at the end of the manuscript.
- Each table must have a title. Each table legend, in paragraph form, should briefly describe the content and define any abbreviations used. If values are cited in a table, the unit of measurement must be stated.
- Please keep the number of figures to a minimum (2-3 figures).
- Each figure must have a title. Each figure legend, in paragraph form, should briefly describe the content and define any abbreviations used. If values are cited in a figure, the unit of measurement must be stated. Graphs must have clearly labelled axes. A key may be included if appropriate.
- It is in the author's interest to provide the highest quality figure format possible (300 dpi, JPEG, TIF, PNG). Figures must be on separate pages after the tables. The manuscript should indicate the position of the figures (e.g. see Figure 1) and all figures should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they appear in the paper. In multi-part figures, each part should be labelled (e.g. Figure 1(a), Figure 1(b)). The filename for a graphic should be descriptive of the graphic, e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2a (above the figures).
Submission of the manuscript represent that the manuscript has not been published previously and is not considered for publication elsewhere. Authors would be required to sign a CTA form (Copy Right Transfer Agreement) once the manuscript is accepted. The corresponding author can sign the form on behalf of all the authors. It can be send as an attachment file after scanning to the chief editors e-mail.
First ten selected articles will be published free of charge, afterwards each accepted paper is required to pay the processing charge of Rs.500/- or $50 per manuscript before the accepted paper is published.
Proofs will be sent to the corresponding author as given on the title page of the manuscript. Only typesetter's errors may be corrected; no changes in, or additions to, the edited manuscript will be allowed.
Papers will normally be published in order of acceptance by the editors, quickly as soon as the corrected electronic manuscripts are received. The details of the published paper (s) will be communicated to the corresponding author.
While submitting the manuscript the corresponding author ( on behalf of all the authors) should declare that the manuscript is original and is not published or communicated for publication elsewhere either in part or full. Without the declaration the manuscripts are not considered for their publication.
No responsibility is assumed by the publisher for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. The respective individual author(s) are responsible for the facts and views expressed in their articles.
Vishal Singh Chandel
S- 118, Shakti Nagar, Lucknow, 226016